Saturday, January 29, 2011

Things I desire greatly...

I essentially have three material things that I covet right now. Thing one is not even able to be gotten yet...

The FBM made Terrible One Barcode. I had a Solid made one, but as soon as these became a possibility, I gambled and sold the Solid in anticipation of getting a hold of one of these. Which means that I currently ride my 2007 Garrett frame, and that is fine. Getting the Barcode would be a total indulgence and is wholly unnecessary, but I am human and that is a pretty frame.

The Nikon D7000.

I own a D200, which is a fine camera, but there is just something about being able to shoot HD video and having a camera that is actually current that I find appealing. Since making the switch from Nikon to Canon, I felt pretty good about my decision. Then the Canon 7D came out and I questioned my faith. Then Nikon unleashed the D7000 and I felt good about my choice of gods. I'd love to put together an artsy edit that 74% of BMXBoard would hate because of the HD. Damn United Video. I was way off on that one. Sorry Greg.

Working for a cellular phone company is pretty cool. I get free phone service (sort of) and I...well...that's about it, really. I carry a shitty Motorola flip phone that doubles as a really horrible alarm clock. Which leads me to...

I want an iPhone. I can't have one, because I'd probably get a stern talking to by someone. But damn, look at that thing! Why, I could carry one device in my pocket that would allow me to play Paper Toss while I poop at work instead of taking my phone AND my iPod Touch with me.

No comments: