Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

This is the title of one of Mica's favorite books. I have never read it, and in all honesty, I probably never will. But for some reason the title has always sort of stayed with me and struck a chord of some sort. The idea of being a lonely hunter entered my mind today when I arrived at a totally empty skatepark at noon on a warm, dry Saturday. I couldn't even bring myself to ride it. Partly out of the fear of wrecking and knocking myself out with no one around, but also because I just felt no desire to do this alone. I like having friends there.

I mean, look at this...


It was a little depressing until Adam got there...then Tim got there...and then we went to Bigfoot.

Adam tables the hip...

Tim rides my bike while waiting for his tube patch to dry. I was zoomed way out, but I liked the vastness of things here...

Tim is always ready to party. Always.

Adam cranks out a turndown like a damn man over the last biggie in the eight-pack. Then he engaged in jello shots or some shit. I don't even...


Worth noting here that Mica's hair looked really nice today. Just sayin'...

1 comment:

gregarette said...

Good ol' Tennessee clay. When I lived in J.C. I had to dig a retaining wall, and that shit stained my clothes FOREVER.