Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm on a diet.

Sort of. I got a little heavier than I wanted to over the holidays, so I decided to do something about it. So far, I have lost a decent amount of weight, and so to reward myself, I got a tattoo of the Empirebmx crown on my wrist. Why? Because I like the design, Tom and Tina have been amazing to me over the years and because I am pretty sure that I can justify it because my name means "the crowned one". It works, fuck you.

I wanted to review "Owned" by Props for this entry. So I will. Stew Johnson filmed most of it. Alex, Tom and Stew stayed at my house for a moment during the filming of said video and Stew used my daughter's pink Hello Kitty blanket to sleep with.

What you need to know:

-Alex's part is so fucking rad. Good song, great riding, fast, pedal, great hair, effortless, fast.

-Tom Villarreal's part is similarly rad. Not as frenetic as Alex's part, but still good. There is some scary shit in there.

-Jason Phelan's part is good, it didn't stick with me. I started to drift here.

-Dan Foley's was also good, but again I wasn't just going nuts over it. He's obviously really good, but I just wasn't feeling it and went to get a beer out of the fridge.

-Drew Bezanson. Fuck it. Quit riding. This isn't even real. Fuuuuuuck. What? That's right. He did that. Oh my god. Whatever.

Next review will be Killjoy. I need to shoot some damn pics this week.

4 comments:

jake said...

i'd still love ya even if you weighed 300lbs

jeff said...

I wouldn't. I'm vain. Lose that weight tubo.

Stephen said...

I AM GETTING MIXED SIGNALS, GUYS

DBZ said...

I guess I can take comfort in having one of the first (after Cardona), and definitely the shittiest, of all the Empire wrist tattoos.