Monday, January 21, 2013

More Banned.

I had been sitting on these in case they got used for a write up, but the article is going in a different direction, so...I'll throw them up here. When I was a younger man, I used to do zines and shot almost everything on a Kodak 110. That thing produced some nice images for me right up until it met its end when I tried to drop in on a legit vert ramp for the first time at the tender age of 13. My camera rested in my trusty plaid G&S hip pack, and when I did the drop and went straight to the flat bottom, I landed on the camera. Smashed to pieces. I was fairly gutted, because I figured my mom was going to flay my skin off with hot brands of iron for breaking the camera. As it turned out, she had bought me a Pentax K1000 for Christmas that year, so things shook out okay. "Don't fall on this one." Good advice.

Anyways, the pictures. Yes, so this pretty much summed up the entire weekend. This is BMX. This is what it is about, what we do, and why we do it.
Baboon01

Another "summation of the weekend" sort of shot. Davis James of Finnfotography.com tables against the stars and bars.
Davis01

Eric Hennessey rode so rad the whole day. This was my first time getting to see him ride in person and it was, as they say, a treat. Dude is so fast and so in control.
EricH01

I am running out of Da Boza photos. This saddens me.
DelBalso01

Banned in the Backyard jam. In Florida. Fire, beer, hallucinogens, bbq, loose women AND DREW BEZANSON BACKFLIPPING A FUCKING MONSTER TRUCK.
DrewB01

No comments: