Friday, June 3, 2011

The greatest contest I have ever been to...

and I probably missed half of it due to heat/riding/resting. I saw some pretty amazing shit, of this there is no doubt. Big thanks to Tom and Tina (and Owen!) for their hospitality and kindness, Joe for letting me ride his ramp, Frank and John for giving me a place to stay and to my sister for letting me drive us back to Knoxville. I could go on and on, but I don't want to. Rather, I would like to sleep for a day or so. Not gonna happen, so here are some pictures and descriptions and whatnot-

I feel like it was important that I got a picture of Chris Moeller riding 9th Street. He can still bring it, which makes me feel better about my own aging. Tom told me that he is not as old as I thought he was; he's just been in the game since he was really young.


Justin Inman came through Knoxville (I need to get those pics up. Sorry Jake...I am a slacker)with several FIT riders on the way to Austin. He's a really chill dude and easy to talk to. Decent on a bike, too.


Brian Hunt has been on here before, so...I have no idea where I was going with that. He was blasting the shit out of the main line. His attire made it a little tough to photograph, but I got this shot that I liked.


Morgan Wade. Dude is sweet, rips like a motherfucker, and will keep trying something until it is pulled to satisfaction. State champ. In this order- Flip to fakie, whip to ice pick, HAM.




BKFBM pointed out to me that this is probably the most printed, posted, shot, eaten and docked picture of Chase Hawk, but this is the first one I shot, and it looked cool. STUFF YOUR JEALOUS RAGE SOMEWHERE ELSE, FUCKO. Just kidding.


I unexpectedly got to ride 9th with the UM. Seeing the socks roast through big jumps with no issue makes a man remember why he still has a poster of this dude hanging up.



I'll end it on this one. I have more pictures to develop and post, but for now...we are gonna just marvel at one of the more awesome things in BMX...

1 comment:

jeff said...

hot ding dongin damn!