Monday, December 29, 2008

50 millimeters of freedom

As I mentioned in my previous post, Mica got me a 50mm 1.8 lens for my Nikon. This thing was anticipated, but not without some trepidation. I had a similar lens for my Canon, but it seemed like it just flat out sucked for action photography. Well, it seems that Nikon has proven once more why they are awesome. This thing is leaps and bounds better than the Canon lens of the same spec. All pics in this post were taken with it...

Corey nailed this toboggan over the hip. The light was a little dim, but I still liked the shot. Apparently I cost him some money by exposing him to a stomach virus at my house. Sorry about that buddy.


Billy was just pedaling away during this. I liked the feel of the pic. Wild William is more photogenic than he thinks...


This is me getting nosy on the hip. Corey was nice enough to snap some pictures with my superior camera.


Billy airs out on this higher than he should, and really he should just do the same thing in the bowl. Airs on the spine side like that scare the piss outta me.


My brother-in-law says life is too short for bad beer. I say life is too short to have to use a bottle opener all the time on the fancy stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It says champagne on the label! explain to me how this can be confused with bad beer?! c'mon!

i must admit that the nikon 50 is way nicer than canon's.